10 Post ideas for your Business Profile on Google
Standing out on Search and Maps
Time to complete:
If you have a Business Profile on Google, you probably know it helps customers find your business name, address, website, photos, and more on Google Search and Maps. But did you know that your Business Profile is also a great place to share news about your business on Google Search and Maps when a customer follows your business?
This lesson teaches how to spread the word to customers using the posts feature on your Business Profile.
Posts appear on your Business Profile and can be used to share news and updates.
Post ideas for your Business Profile
The posts feature on your Business Profile lets you share updates directly on Google Search and Maps. You can create and share announcements, offers, new or popular items in stock, or event details - it’s a great way to keep existing and potential customers informed.
If you’re new to posts, it may feel like a challenge to figure out what to say. Here are 10 post ideas that you can use as inspiration:
- Announce an upcoming event, such as a Sunday jazz brunch at your restaurant or a signing at your bookstore.
- Share a special offer such as a 20%-off sale or a 2-for-1 deal.
- Promote a new product, such as a new line of summer dresses or a fresh flavor of ice cream.
- Celebrate a holiday — even the sort-of made up ones, like National Chocolate Day!
- Update customers about your business. Tell them about a new store location or an employee who’s recently joined your staff.
- Spotlight a product/service, like your new whale-print bathing suits or your 90-minute hot-stone sports massage.
- Celebrate a business milestone, such as shipping your 500th order, celebrating your second year in business, or opening your second store.
- Show some personality. You can share your company mascot, Grumbles the bulldog, or post a picture of your staff celebrating crazy t-shirt day.
- Show gratitude to your customers by thanking them for their business.
Business post best practices
Once you’ve written your post, here are five tips for getting them noticed:
- Add photos or videos to catch a customer’s eye. Make sure the photos are in focus, well-lit, and nicely framed.
- Make headlines or post text with need-to-know details, such as “Mother’s Day special brunch package” or “Kids eat free on weekends” to attract attention.
- Keep it brief. Include only the necessary details, such as “get $5 off your first order” or “enjoy our famous pecan French toast.”
- Add a clear call to action, such as “Book Now,” “Reserve Your Spot,” or “Leave a Review” to help customers know what to do next.
- Post frequently to keep your information fresh. Unless you change your default settings, posts only appear for a week after you first share them.
Want more inspiration? Check out example posts on our help center.
Your customers want to hear from you
You have some great things to share with your customers—from events to offers to milestones—and more. With posts, you can showcase more than your address and website on your Business Profile. You can shout out what’s new with your business and what makes your company special. And whatever you do, keep on posting. Creating posts becomes more natural the more you write, and they’ll really help you stand out.
10 ideas for your next post
- Announce an upcoming event
- Share a special offer
- Promote a new product
- Celebrate a holiday (even if it’s made up!)
- Give updates about your business
- Share a great review
- Spotlight a product or service you offer
- Celebrate a business milestone
- Show some personality
- Say thank you to your customers